New Car - 2017 Mustang GT Premium

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mikey, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Mikey

Mikey Senior Member Staff Member

IMG_0364.JPG
    mustang.jpg
    Well, I did an unexpected thing the other day. The Caddy was giving me grief constantly and driving it around with no power steering was getting a bit laborious. Rather than bust out another $1000 fixing it...I just shelved it for a while and picked this up after a long and exhaustive search process.

It was between this and an XTS Caddy that was almost new. Being tired of the old man cars I picked this one, since in fact I still held onto the Caddy.

mustangGT.jpg
    mustangGT2.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    BlackBoosted2 likes this.
  2. Hocky

Hocky Senior Member

Cool.

Now go power wash your house.

ThatDude, VWpat and 98GSR like this.
  3. 98GSR

98GSR Administrator Staff Member

I like the color Mikey. Nice sled.

4. Mikey

I actually just talked to somebody about doing that yesterday. lol Its needs it badly.

5. 98GSR

Ya, You got some mold. lol

6. Mikey

Moss is not mold at all. Moss can produce their own food whereas molds depend on other things for their food. Hense...why the moss is growing on siding that has no food source just by the shade and coolness providing a wonderful place for it to flourish.... as it produces its own source of food.

Either way...the shit needs to go! I would agree. Glad we can get that all out there on home improvement! lol

7. Mikey

Thoughts on the car so far...coming from GM past to Ford.

I have been very happy with the car so far. Its drives great and has all the amenities I am used to. Seems to have ample power, although I have been selectively applying that little at a time somewhat randomly as the car breaks in. I picked it up with 10.4 miles on it. I haven't been babying it by any means...but not exactly running it ragged constantly either.

Has a very nice exhaust note to it for a stock system, which is nice. May preclude the need for me to replace it with an aftermarket system actually. Suspension seems fairly tight...but I am coming from a rolling couch prior...so that may just be me.

Still kind of new to me so we are still in the honeymoon period at the moment. I will report back with more thoughts and reactions as they occur. So far so good. Really liking the car more than I thought I would.

Kind of crazy shit I saw last night when I got out of it....the fucking thing projects the mustang horse on the ground off the mirror bottoms when the doors are open so there is an image of a mustang horse next to the car on the ground. I was like...WTF? So I am still kind of learning shit I didn't know the car even had. lol

98GSR likes this.
  8. 98GSR

It's moss? LOL

9. 98GSR

Where did you buy it? Same place Hocky got his Ford?

10. Mikey

Yep....north side of the house. Stays darker and in the shadows pretty much most of the day. I think it gets about three hours of sun at the end of the day. Just enough to help that shit grow likely.

11. Mikey

I don't know where Hocky got his Ford. I got mine at Ray Skillman Performance Ford on the South side. Doubt he travels that far south without a bodyguard. You do kind of have to pack your lunch to get there. Its just south of Madison Avenue a bit.

Guessing he probably went to Don Hines or Tom Wood here on the North side.

12. 06InfernoSRT8

06InfernoSRT8 Member

Stick or auto?

and nice car IMO the best looking mustang they have made since the Terminator.

13. 98GSR

better be stick

14. Floyd

Floyd Junior Member

That fucking horse bullshit will break soon enough.

15. sambo_eddo

sambo_eddo Member

Luckily those lights can be replaced on Ebay for like $6. You can even customize it with whatever logo you want. I think Mikey needs a purple triangle projected on the ground when he gets out.

16. Mikey

Nope. Auto. I cant do stick on daily drivers. I sit in traffic in many states too much on the phone writing shit down and such all while driving down the road. So that doesn't work for me. Indiana isn't that bad...but Jesus...Illinois...Tennesee....Ohio...ect....fucking traffic sux!

Main reason for me though: Medical. My back wont allow me to afford a manual for daily driving as it goes out too often and I cant operate a manual when my back it bad. So sorry guys...I can only physically do what I can physically do the older I get and an automatic just works out best for me personally. It really hasn't gotten in my way thought the years...so I am not overly worried about it.

That being said....fortunately, the advancements in automatic transmission technology over the past decade has allowed many high performance vehicles to offer very comparable performance levels between the manual and automatic transmissions so there will be little compromise. Ten years ago, manual transmissions were the obvious choice for high performance models because automatic transmissions didn’t allow enough control and they couldn’t shift quickly enough as well as they ate up too much power between the engine and the wheels. However, the modern automatic transmissions absorb far less power while also offering precision control and lightning quick shifts so you can have a performance car that has the ability to shift on its own without compromising a whole lot of performance. (commercial version of an explanation)

It actually does shift very fast and very hard....so no worries. It will likely be more of an asset to me than anything given my back.

Oh...it has line lock on the track aps section too. Kind of a cool feature I guess - if you don't know how to do a burnout? lol

I will check the 0-60 and 1/4 times on both the manual and auto. They aren't that far apart as I recall. Cant find anything for 2017 though. Should be the same as 2016? Not sure.

Plus...its a mustang guys. These things eat people! Automatic will be safer for you all, the general public. lol I am less likely to run you over!

With me though...its all about health reasons. I have no other good excuse but that's about as valid as I can get. lol

17. Mikey

Rainbows. Or maybe a horse...with rainbows coming out of its ass!

18. sambo_eddo

sambo_eddo Member

fixed

19. Mikey

I see what you did there! Lol

@sambo_eddo Winning!

20. Floyd

Floyd Junior Member

Auto ftw. Which axle ratio does it have?