Concrete driveway recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Walowycz, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Walowycz

Walowycz Member

parents are looking to have their driveway replaced, which is about 100ft long by 20ft wide w/ turnaround. It currently sits as an asphalt driveway, and as such will need torn out and the whole nine yards.

Not sure where to really start looking on something like this....so if anyone has recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mikey

Mikey Senior Member Staff Member

I have a great company for them to contact. Concrete contractor that State Farm uses...hungry good rates from what I understand! I will get it from my brother and pass it along.

3. liljs

liljs Junior Member

http://rodsqualityconcrete.com/

Tell him Jamie from EDGEWOOD Building Supply gave you contact, he does great work

4. Walowycz

Walowycz Member

funny you mention it, i just noticed thats who did the neighbors foundation for their addition to their house next door. thanks!

5. Benny6.7

Benny6.7 Senior Member

One of my neighbors down the street has a driveway from Rod's - turned out very nice! Color doesn't quite match the neighborhood sidewalk, though - but they might not have wanted it to, I dunno.

I hear another good one to get a quote from is Concrete Evolutions - http://www.concrete-evolutions.com/ :)

We need a new patio and sidewalk out back this summer, love the stamped stuff but it's so much more expensive...

6. Faster

Faster Member

7. LSXpony6.0

LSXpony6.0 New Member

Did you ever get the one from your brother

8. Mikey

Mikey Senior Member Staff Member

Ya know I never did call him back at his office so he could get the info...I will this week.

9. Walowycz

Walowycz Member

Looks like parents are going with rods concrete..... gonna do the exposed egg version.....for a double wide drive 5" thick and a turnaround they are gonna raise some, they quoted 14,900. Will create a thread on em when they get the job done in june

10. Faster

Faster Member

Holy shit! Did they even quote DCS?

11. Walowycz

Walowycz Member

thought i put it in there, but didnt. it is a 100ft driveway, plus they are redoing the porch and sidewalk as well

12. Faster

Faster Member

Even then, with that many trucks, the concrete company is giving Rod's a hell of a deal.

13. Walowycz

Walowycz Member

just as an update...opinion on Rods is quickly souring...was suppose to start yesterday, for some reason due to fathers day had to postpone till today, then this morning calls and says postponed till next week.

14. Walowycz

Walowycz Member

well, the concrete drive is done. Gotta say, the aggregate (exposed egg) turned out 10x better then expected. its hard to show how nice it looks in person through pics, but heres a few.
    First picture is the driveway after the sealant coat, gives it a nice gloss appearance. the rest are the drive/porch without the seal coat. \

Gotta say Rods did a hell of a job when they finally got down to business. Had the whole job done in 3 days, and the guys worked two days from 7am-8pm, being sure they were ready for the next day. Being a 100ft drive, it was a lot bigger project then they normally do, and they had the full crew working on it.

The concrete drive was widened, has a 5" base (normal is a 4" base) and of course was extra to do the aggregate exposed egg. The owner was by every day to check on progress and be sure we were happy with the progress/product.

concrete drive finished 2.jpg concrete drive bull porch.jpg concrete drive finished.jpg concrete drive after 3.jpg concrete drive after 1.jpg concrete drive after 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  15. liljs

liljs Junior Member

Rods a good guy, I have known him for a long time!

16. Derrick

Derrick New Member

oldschoolmuscle likes this.
  17. RickyMcGraw

RickyMcGraw Member

Ill let you know how the company that is working on mine does. They had 300 ft by 8 ft wide to pour.

18. Hocky

Hocky Senior Member

That'll be helpful when he gets his time machine. Thanks for the contribution.

19. RickyMcGraw

RickyMcGraw Member