Car Wont Move

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stenoree, May 13, 2018.

1. Stenoree

Stenoree New Member

I have a 5-speed 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The cars been sitting on s slanted driveway for about 4 months now without moving. When I got in to try and start it, the clutch wouldn't move. It was rock solid and wouldn't go down. My dad got in and I think he forced it down but he got it to move again. The car started and sounded normal so we left it alone for a week or two. When I got in today it started right up but wouldn't move. The E-brake is off and everything. I have brake fluid in it and everything looks fine. And when we got the car to roll backwards, we put it into first but wouldn't move forward. Does anyone know the issue?

2. Hocky

Hocky Senior Member

Sounds like you have a broken pressure plate. Probably due to the rwd conversion.

3. TD12

TD12 Member

This guy has to be the lamest troll in the history of all Indycarz.com trolls. Why start trolling when the forum is dead?

4. Stenoree

Stenoree New Member

Ok Ok lol the entire welded diff / rwd eclipse thing was a troll. I understand it was childish and pretty drawn out. My real name is Stenoree Allen and I'm 18 years old. But I am having this issue with my eclipse which is a fwd. I've posted pictures of it before. I'm most likely going to sell it just because I don't want to mess with the clutch and further ruin the car. But, if someone does know a solution. Or know the issue. Please let me know.

5. oldschoolmuscle

oldschoolmuscle Senior Member

6. Largekid

Largekid Senior Member

I say you sell that car and buy a civic bigdaddy

7. JustinFRC

JustinFRC Junior Member

I can't think of any possible problem that would result in a car running and not moving with the clutch out in first gear that wouldn't require dropping the trans to fix.

At that point your simplest solution is a RWD conversion.

Edit: Ok, I suppose if there was a kink or bad lining in the clutch line that wouldn't let fluid out of the slave cylinder, that would be a problem that would tick all the boxes. I'm only mentioning that to beat you Pedantic McPedantersons to the punch.

Last edited: May 23, 2018 at 4:27 PM