C5 A bit too tail happy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gamebot69, May 11, 2018.

1. Gamebot69

Gamebot69 New Member

Hey guys, so I'm having something a bit odd happen in my c5 vette in the last week. My vette is mechanically sound, with fully functional active handling and year old sport tires. I kind of got used to the car and feel very comfortable driving it with traction on as well as with the traction off. In the last week I've had instances where during normal driving at low and normal speeds during turning it started spinning out. Within a fraction of a second I would catch the car and more or less drift it out of a corner. No warning lights, dry tarmac with no pot holes or James bond oil spill on the road. WTF? Checked the tires through and through, they are nice and rubbery. What can it be, any thoughts? I don't want this to happen on the highway at higher speeds.

2. Gamebot69

Gamebot69 New Member

My tires are hankook ventures v12 evo2 manufactured on the 36th week of 2016

3. Hocky

Hocky Senior Member

Step 1, get your alignment checked. Step 2, never those Ventus v12 tires again.

4. oldschoolmuscle

oldschoolmuscle Senior Member

5. Gamebot69

Gamebot69 New Member

Actually Hankook was a pretty good choice for being all season. Been aligned already. The culprit - Carmel construction, with gravel dust that was building up in the grooves. After a thorough wheel wash, and a burn out - problem solved, nice and sticky!
    Thanks guys!

6. oldschoolmuscle

oldschoolmuscle Senior Member

did you order a procharger for it yet ?