Lucas Oil

Thread: Cheapest place to buy House of Kolor automotive paint? and a few ?'s

Default Cheapest place to buy House of Kolor automotive paint? and a few ?'s

Anyone know a good/cheap place to buy House of Kolor paint? I'm looking for the following:
    -KS12 Metallic Silver sealer
    -KBC08 Kandy Tangerine Basecoat (not the real candy, the basecoat version.)
    -RU310 Reducer
    -UFC35 Kosmic Kolor Polyurethane Flo-Klear
    -KU150 Hardener

Also, tell me if i'm thinking right here. The way I've understood it... you can use the KS12 sealer as your ground coat, and base coat. When I say ground coat, I mean spraying it over my body work like you would a primer. Get good coverage, spray another coat to of the KS12 as the base coat, then come back over with the candy?
    So pretty much:
    finish the body work in 320grit, spray the KS12. Let it dry, wetsand the whole car with 320 (going for a clean paint job here). Spray the KS12 again, then the kandy, then the clear.
    This will be my first time spraying House of Kolor. I've always sprayed with Martin Senior and Dupont.

Thanks, Ryan

with the candy your gonna prolly go white with your base.. lighter your base ... brighter your candy.. unless you want it kinda dark
    -bottom line... ima shine if you like it or not... so the only choice you got is to like it alot-

Quote Originally Posted by clown @ Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:18 pm
    with the candy your gonna prolly go white with your base.. lighter your base ... brighter your candy.. unless you want it kinda dark
    With a Candy you need a metallic base. Most people either spray a silver of gold basecoat. The KS12 is specifically made for a candy paint job.
    This guy sprayed silver, then gold for the base: http://www.chameleondreams.co.uk/page3.html
    Heres is a gold base coat finish
    http://www.desperadomotorcycles.com/Tripod%20Trike.html
    silver base coat
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/842706

I'm just wondering if I can use the KS12 to act as a primer pretty much, and a basecoat.

Quote Originally Posted by FieroGT @ Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:49 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by clown @ Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:18 pm
    With a Candy you need a metallic base. Most people either spray a silver of gold basecoat. The KS12 is specifically made for a candy paint job.
    This guy sprayed silver, then gold for the base: http://www.chameleondreams.co.uk/page3.html
    Heres is a gold base coat finish
    http://www.desperadomotorcycles.com/Tripod%20Trike.html
    silver base coat
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/842706

I'm just wondering if I can use the KS12 to act as a primer pretty much, and a basecoat.
    I found out today I can spray the KS12 for a ground and my base coat because i'm using the Basecoat kandy, not the real kandy. Still trying to find the paint at a better price...

Senior Member InductionSeduction's Avatar

Default Re: Cheapest place to buy House of Kolor automotive paint? and a few ?'s

I have a link on my laptop at home, I'll see try and remember to post it, but their prices were cheap on everything

Look up Auto Body Depot... When I get out of my lazy mood I will try to find the link. But that is where I get my supplies.
    Joe
    Drink apple juice because O.J. will kill you!!

Senior Member InductionSeduction's Avatar

this is what you need......

http://www.tcpglobal.com/

HOK Kandy Tangerine is one of my favorite colors. I did several projects using that color. It's so beautiful in the sun. The layers are a lot or work, but boy does it look good once it's done!
    "The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty."

Try Indianas ONLY stocking jobber.

G&M Paint and Supply
    1714 N Illinois St
    Indianapolis, IN 46202
    (317) 926-4554
    "You don't burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored." - The Late Cliff Burton

Diet caffeine free mountain dew, that shit is like licking your sisters pussy, it taste almost the same but its just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by InductionSeduction @ Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:07 pm
    this is what you need......

http://www.tcpglobal.com/
    I already buy most of my products through them, but they want $49 a qt for BKC. However I did buy a gal of RU310 reducer from them yesterday. Even after shipping they were the cheapest on that.
    I called G&M and they wanted $643 for all the paint I needed. Didn't have it in stock, but they could get it within one day. Cheapest place I found in Indianapolis. Refinish Master wanted $675, $615 after my discount. Also had to order it.
    Then I found one hell of a deal from smartshoppers.com. Only $42 a qt, $37 a qt if I buy 250pounds of it :roflmao: So after shipping, tax, and adding wax & grease remover, paint cups, sticks, strainers,ect... I ended up only spending a little over $550 for everything. Thats between tcpglobal and smartshoppers. This isn't a advertisement post lol, but for anyone looking for paint or other autobody crap... these are the two cheapest places I found even after shipping.

I got all mine from Coastairbrush.com. They sell in large qty's, or small airbrush packs too.

There used to be a paint supply place on Shadelane, right about 30th street, that stocked HOK...I bought some sno-white pearl for my car when I was running low...and their prices were VERY good. They also had tons of HOK in stock. Don't know if they still stock HOK though.
    Yes, you can use the silver sealer as a base.

No, you do not have to use metallic as a base. Most choose to, but it's not needed. It really just depends on what kind of "pop" you want for your color.

Dave

Last Honda in Indy to the finish line...first one to the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHJedi @ Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:49 am
    I got all mine from Coastairbrush.com. They sell in large qty's, or small airbrush packs too.

There used to be a paint supply place on Shadelane, right about 30th street, that stocked HOK...I bought some sno-white pearl for my car when I was running low...and their prices were VERY good. They also had tons of HOK in stock. Don't know if they still stock HOK though.
    Yes, you can use the silver sealer as a base.

No, you do not have to use metallic as a base. Most choose to, but it's not needed. It really just depends on what kind of "pop" you want for your color.

Dave
    Thanks for the info!

Potter color and supply in cambridge city. We did our midget in HOK, they cut us a hell of a deal. It helps if you're a shop but they will usually work with you on price, nice bunch of guys.
    94 Porsche 968 1 of 1 iris blue/cashmere coupe
    86 porsche 951 12.3 with the old turbo and stock computer now sportin 60-1 turbo and standalone

the carquest by me sells hok im unsure of the price i don't really care for the stuff toooo much so i never looked into it.
    I make hackin look good

Blog Entries

Note to the guest looking at this thread at the moment that just called me.....we are a web forum...not a paint distributor. Which is why I sounded so confused when you asked if I carried house of kolor paints in stock.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IndyCarz Get in the network now!
    "If I can't change when circumstances demand it, how can I expect others to?"
    First Place SCCA Street Mod Class 2008

power of the el es juan oldschoolmuscle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your in sales sell the man some gd paint lol.

bought built broken and still don't give a shit. only person here crazy enough to give 3 and the hit and still pull 6 up top.

GOT DAT NITRO BOOZE

Default Re: Cheapest place to buy House of Kolor automotive paint? and a few ?'s

Plasti Dip /thread

2004 Pontiac GTO [21-10, 12:51] Nezfuma505: I just need to make more money. Buy a fast car, then chicks will dig me

Thread Information